- Client has the right to respect for his or her physical and mental integrity.
- Client’s dignity is inviolable. It must be respected and protected by all specialists.
- Client has the right to receive appropriate services based on his or her assessed needs.
- Client has the right to receive information about all procedures and services.
- Client’s personal privacy must be respected during all treatment procedures.
- Client has the right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- Client has the right to informed consent for treatment and procedures laid down by law.
- Client has the right to liberty and security of the person.
- Client has the right to the protection of personal data.
- Client has the right to freedom of opinion and expression.
- Client has the right not to be discriminated based on any ground such as sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Women and men shall receive equal treatment.
- The best interests of the child must be a top priority in all actions concerning children.
- Adeli Rehabilitation Center recognises and respects the right of persons with disabilities to benefit from measures designed to ensure their independence, social and occupational integration and participation in the life of the community.
- Adeli Rehabilitation Center acknowledges and respects client’s rights to social benefits and social services.
- Client has the right to access his or her personal health information records.
- Client has the right to file a complaint and receive a written response or other feedback.
- Client has the right to give feedback, make comments or raise concerns about our center.
- Client has the responsibility to be on time for appointments, bring along necessary documentation, wear indoor shoes and maintain proper personal hygiene.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, you must contact our center at least one day prior to the appointment. If you fail to attend the procedure and do not cancel your appointment, the session will not be replaced.
- You are not allowed to receive services while being drunk or hangover or under any illegal drugs.
- You are not allowed to receive services if you have an infectious disease (notification is mandatory).
- Client has the responsibility to obey the rules and regulations of the rehabilitation center.
- Client has the responsibility to act respectfully towards medical specialists and other patients.
The institution has the right to:
- Refuse to provide services to clients who are drunk, hangover or under any illegal drugs.
- Refuse to provide services to clients who lack proper personal hygiene.
- Refuse to replace or reschedule new procedures if client has not been able to cancel previous appointments.