KinesioTaping is a rehabilitative taping technique that is designed for muscle, ligament and tendon pain relief and support. KinesioTaping method was developed in Japan by chiropractor Dr. Kenzo Kase over a decade ago. Today, this method is successfully used all over the world by physiotherapists, trainers and athletes.
KinesioTape works by microscopically lifting the skin. The lifting action relieves pressure on pain receptors directly under the skin, allowing for quick relief from acute injuries. Moreover, reduction in pressure enhances circulation and lymphatic drainage helping to deliver oxygen and nutrients at the cellular level as well as accelerate the removal of waste products.
KinesioTape is made of high-grade cotton fabric and possesses approximately the same thickness and elasticity as human skin. KinesioTape is comfortable and breathable and can be left on skin for up to 5 days. The adhesive is hypoallergenic and contains no medications.
The effects of KinesioTaping:
- Pain relief
- Reduced swelling, inflammation and bruising
- Prevention or relief from spasms and cramping
- Speedier recovery of overused muscles
- Structural support for weak or injured body parts
- Enhanced strength and muscle tone in weak or injured muscles
- Allows patient/athlete to remain active while injured